7.0mm & 8.0mm Cannulated Fastener System
UnifiMI Fastener System Highlights
- Resists multi-planar and multi-directional loads through Mechanical Integration.
- Designed to engage twice as much bone when loaded in any direction as compared to standard screws.
- 24mm provides most ideal length for hip fractures1.
7.0mm Fastener Overview
7.0mm fasteners offered in multiple thread lengths.
Variable Thread Tray, fasteners available in 70-180mm lengths at 5mm increments.
Fully Threaded Tray, fasteners available in 70-180mm lengths at 5mm increments.
24mm Thread Length Tray, fasteners available in 70-180mm lengths at 5mm increments.
8.0mm Fastener Overview
The 8.0mm fastener uses the same 5.0mm drill bit as the 7.0mm fastener, while it provides 39% more mechanically integrated bone volume with only 7.9% more metal.
EXPERT INSIGHTS WITH DR. MICHAEL WEAVER
Dr. Michael Weaver, orthopedic surgeon, shares his clinical experience and expertise using UnifiMI technology.
Reference: 1. Liu C, Von Keudell A, McTague M, Rodriguez EK, Weaver MJ. Ideal length of thread forms for screws used in screw fixation of nondisplaced femoral neck fractures. Injury. 2019 Mar; 50(3):727-732
The OsteoCentric Trauma Cannulated Fasteners consist of cannulated fasteners in a variety of lengths and diameters to accommodate different procedures and patient sizes. The fasteners are provided non-sterile and are manufactured from Stainless Steel per ASTM F138.
The OsteoCentric Trauma Cannulated Fasteners System includes:
- 7.0mm Cannulated Fasteners:
- Fully Threaded, 24mm Partially Threaded, and Variable Threaded options
- 60 – 180mm lengths in 5mm increments
- 8.0mm Cannulated Fasteners:
- Partially Threaded (24mm) option
- 60 – 130mm lengths in 5mm increments